Whichever year the calendar shows us, the luxurious classic style will always be relevant. Interior complemented by classic lamps’ own special atmosphere of sophistication born in the rays of its light.
Classic: what is it?
The classic style includes many directions: classicism, baroque, rococo, empire, and others. In fact, the style of some historical eras is classified as classics. The following features are typical for classic interiors:
- expensive and high-quality materials: whether it be furniture made of natural wood with silk, satin upholstery or lamps made of high-quality glass, crystal, metal or ceramics;
- calm colors: where bright, flashy shades are completely inappropriate; a classic interior requires soothing colors: beige, sand, olive, brown, gilding;
- ceremonial appearance: the classics skillfully combines massiveness and respectability with grace and delicate taste; here every piece of furniture should look like a work of art.
The noble visual appeal of the classics is combined with high-quality workmanship and a subtle sense of style. And this is natural because the popularity of classic models has been tested for centuries! Every detail and fasteners are made reliably and carry a certain meaning. Such lamps serve for decades, retaining their relevance and attractiveness.
Types of classic lamps
1. First of all, these are crystal chandeliers, multi-tiered or single-tiered. You will definitely see one in the theater or the opera, as well as in a movie about the life of royalty persons. Pendants on a chandelier can be not only crystal: expensive Murano glass or other types of glass are successfully used.
The Guggenheim Museum is considered to be the “temple of the spirit”. Furthermore, it is the most important structure of its time. The Guggenheim chandelier was designed as a result of the leading-edge architecture.
This large gold crystal chandelier was sculpted to convey a similar aesthetic of its lineage. On top, connected gold-plated brass structures serve as the main base for an opulent crystal glass masterpiece placed underneath. Each one of these sublime glass tears were designed with high attention to detail and traditional craftsmanship techniques. The perfect luxury chandelier for a refined ambiance.
2. Horn chandeliers are very popular, especially if the shape of the lamps resembles candles. There can be many horns, they can be directed both up and down. The design of such a chandelier is laconic and harmonious, the lamp will certainly become the central element of the room.
With a minimalist design, the Gala Wall lamp combines timeless palatial influences with modern brass lines and crystal lighting, creating a versatile piece which will give an elegant edge to any ambience. A graceful work of art that celebrates design history.
The Wax collection brings an ancient luxury feel, with a contemporaneous variation. This wall fixture fully made of gold plated brass, brings a modern twist to any environment, despite being inspired in the ancient times. Composed of several fine tubes of handmade crystal glass that flow over unique and with a particular shape, gold plated brass. A graceful and unique piece fully made of the best high-end materials.
3. Wall lamps in a classic style are appropriate in different rooms: in the study and living room, bedroom and hallway. Sconces in the form of candles, with shades or exquisite fabric lampshades with different decor, wall lamps with multiple light sources on a common base – classic wall lamps are diverse and very beautiful.
From the classical to the most contemporary ambience, this torch wall version of our Tycho is the epitome of elegance and distinctiveness. A perfect fit for both hospitality and residential projects, the combination of brass and ribbed crystal glass will bring to your project the final twist of medieval charm you were looking for.
Inspired by the Statue of Liberty, this design was made for the ones who loves to see all the details. This blending will bring a harmonious enlightenment to your project, not only for its characteristic brightness, but also it presents a superb elegance between the crystal glass and brass.
4. Classic table lamps with a stable base and lampshade. Sometimes the base is made of natural stone, which gives the luminaire value and status. Forged bases, sculptural, ceramic or strict metal “legs” are very beautiful. Glass, crystal, multi-colored fabric look gorgeous as a material for a lampshade.
The Waterfall Table Lamp gives a new glamorous expression of the Waterfall lighting, to accomplish a wider and complete range that will light your space. This unique table lamp has a series of ripped fine tubes of handmade crystal glass flowing over tubular shapes in gold plated brass. It combines a smooth and beautiful base, made of Emperador marble, that makes the Waterfall Table Lamp unique and immersive.
Inspired by the Space Needle building in Seattle, who was built to withstand strong winds and even earthquakes, the Needle Table lamp is designed to be a durable, well-made lighting piece with a simple design that will never go out of style.
5. Outdoor lamps in the classic style are most often represented by lanterns. They have a forged or metal base. The glass of the lampshade is usually matte. A classic style outdoor lighting fixture is a striking addition to the luxurious look of your home or garden.
Nowadays, even recessed spotlights are produced in the classic style. They are compact, sophisticated, and harmoniously fit into almost any interior. The assortment of classic lamps is unusually rich and varied. Let your only difficulty in buying a device to be the choice between several equally beautiful and suitable models! If you enjoyed our article about Classic lamps, then feel free to subscribe to our blog and follow us on Instagram and Pinterest!